A little musical flashback to 1983 (give or take a few months). This was a great year musically, with some early hip-hop, electronica from the likes of Art of Noise and Kraftwerk, Prince’s ‘1999’ was out, as well as some great R&B.
- Art of Noise – Beat Box (Diversion 1)
- Art of Noise – Moments In Love (Long Version)
- Captain Rapp – Bad Times (I Can’t Stand It)
- Cybotron – Clear
- Dazz Band – Joystick
- Egyptian Lover – I Need a Freak
- G.L.O.B.E. & Whiz Kid – Play That Beat Mr DJ
- Hashim – Al-Naafiysh (the Soul) — a.k.a. “It’s Time”
- Herbie Hancock – Rockit
- Isley Brothers – Between The Sheets
- Kraftwerk – Tour De France
- Marvin Gaye – Sexual Healing
- Mtume – Juicy Fruit
- Newcleus – Jam On Revenge ( The Wikki-Wikki Song)
- Prince – Irresistable Bitch
- Prince – Lady Cab Driver
- Run-DMC – Sucker MCs
- SOS Band – Just Be Good To Me
- The Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- The System – You Are In My System
- Twilite 22 – Electric Kingdom
Update: These tracks are now gone. Check out a newer Radio.Blog post.
Oh no you didn’t !!!! Not Kraftwerk * DEAD *
Almost everyone of these tracks takes me into the way-back machine. Nice selection
Definitely many of my favorites as well (as I sit here listening to it in loop mode..lol)!
I want to ask does your radio.blog suck up a lot of your bandwidth? That’s been my only reason for not using it.
Deb, the bandwidth is pretty good with radio.blogs. With the automatic conversion (from MP3s to Shockwave Flash files), the Flash files are 1/2 the size of the MP3s. To perform the test on bandwidth, I played my Radio.Blog on dialup, and it worked fine.
I’d say give it a whirl. (Been waiting for you to do one anyway, Deb.).
And Mike, I’m lovin’ this Radio.Blog. It’s wakin’ me up right now.
I’m glad you all like it.
In addition to what EJ said, Radio.Blog Version 2 is supposed to cut down on bandwidth even more b/c it uses a different file type (I think). I’ve been meaning to upgrade to that version. I’m not that concerned about bandwidth b/c I don’t think that many people are listening to it and b/c I’m hosting all the files at a free 1&1 domain. 🙂
Thanks guys. I finally decided to implement v.2.0 and now have it running on my site. I suppose I’ll do it and just watch my bandwidth and if it goes nuts, restore my Blogamp again (which just lists what I’m playing in Winamp).
Rev. 2 of my last comment. I went through the whole process of implementing v.2.0, converting songs to the new .rbs format, uploading, adding to my blog, etc. and then started looking at my host’s TOS. I guess it would be considered in violation of their TOS and they could shut me down…so I’ve removed it. 🙁 Bummer.
…and now Radio Blog 2.0 has dissapeard for a while. Damn.
Would have helped if I gave the
Hope you decide to bring this one back soon 🙁
Comments are closed.